Just know, there are over 100 rare cann-a-binoids out there. This could be only the start of something even bigger.
Read The Full Company Presentation Here.
Right now, INM has several potential catalysts to be aware of. Here they are:
No. 1 INM Potential Catalyst - Research Firm Edison Group Provides Huge $20+ Price Target
"Huge" might be an understatement here.
Edison group slapped a $20.53 price target on INM towards the end of last year which provides this profile with a stunning 1900+% potential upside from Wednesday's closing valuation.
Here's some highlights from the report:
- Following InMed’s acquisition of BayMedica, the combined company has multiple manufacturing approaches to produce rare cann-a-binoids at meaningful yields and at attractive costs and has a growing commercial product pipeline. It is currently the global leader in large batch (currently 200kg but with the ability to scale up to metric tonnes) supply of CBC, a rare non-intoxicating cann-a-binoid. It is currently being marketed to consumer health and wellness companies for the nutraceuticals, cosmetics, functional food/beverages and animal health markets.
- The company announced in late September it has initiated the 755-201-EB trial, which will test INM-755 in up to 20 EB patients with an anticipated treatment duration of 28 days. The study is currently expected to take place across 11 sites in seven countries, with patient screening underway at the first site.
- With regards to INM-088 for glaucoma, the company has continued to set up a larger-scale dr-ug manufacturing process, and has completed dose-ranging studies and conducted topline clinical study design work. Regulatory applications to initiate human clinical testing are expected to be filed in the second half of CY22.
- We have adjusted our valuation to US$290m or US$20.53 per basic share, from US$293m or US$24.24 per basic share. This is mainly due to a higher number of shares outstanding following the share issuance as a result of the closure of the BayMedica acquisition. In addition, there was a decline in net cash. InMed had US$15.4m in cash and marketable securities at 30 September 2021. We currently model an additional US$11m being raised in FY23, though the exact funding requirement will depend on the expense level for the combined companies. We will update our fin-an-cial model once BayMedica fin-an-cials are included in regulatory filings, which is likely to occur with the next quarterly report.
No. 2 INM Potential Catalyst - Another Low Float Profile
According to the Yahoo Finance website, INM has a low float.
The website reports this profile to have approximately 13.74Mn shares in its float.
Why is that important? It's important on one crucial level. Volatility.
With so few shares available for trading, other potential catalysts (like big news) could spark a vertical move in the short-term.
No. 3 INM Potential Catalyst - Important Shareholder Update Highlighting Key Accomplishments
InMed Issues Annual Letter to Shareholders Highlighting Key Accomplishments from 2021 and Providing 2022 Outlook
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Jan. 05, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- InMed Pharmaceuticals Inc. (“InMed” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: INM), a leader in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of rare cann-a-binoids, today issued the following letter from President and CEO Eric A. Adams.
Dear Shareholders, Colleagues, and Business Partners,
I’d like to start off by sending you warm wishes for a healthy and prosperous 2022. While another wave of the CV-19 pandemic continues to bring global uncertainty and an ever-evolving business environment, we remain true to our fundamental principles of bringing short- and long-term value to our shareholders.
I’m very excited to provide updates on our progress as we begin to commercialize new products and explore an array of rare cann-a-binoids for their potential therapeutic applications.
Acquisition of BayMedica, Creating a Leader in Rare Cann-a-binoid Manufacturing
The acquisition of BayMedica in October 2021 brings InMed tremendous commercial opportunities and we believe has positioned the Company as a clear leader in rare cann-a-binoid manufacturing. This combination of companies is an excellent match – bringing together synergistic programs and expertise that will accelerate and strengthen the combined cann-a-binoid programs. The acquisition of BayMedica sets the stage for a number of key business initiatives:
- Positions the company as a global leader in the research, development and commercialization of rare cann-a-binoids;
- Provides an immediate revenue stream through the B2B sale of rare cann-a-binoids in the health and wellness sector;
- Strengthens and diversifies our rare cann-a-binoid manufacturing capabilities and expertise with the addition of yeast biosynthesis and chemical synthesis;
- Provides access to proprietary, patent-pending novel cann-a-binoid analogs for pharmaceutical drug development; and
- Adds significant, multifaceted expertise to our team across a variety of research and business functions.
This acquisition was a natural fit. The combination of our pharma-grade manufacturing process, IntegraSyn™, and BayMedica’s revenue-generating, consumer-focused processes that may also be suitable as a basis for pharmaceutical applications, create a strong platform for significant growth in the cann-a-binoid manufacturing space.
BayMedica’s team brings extensive expertise that strengthens both our pharmaceutical drug development efforts and our continued exploration of rare cann-a-binoids. In addition to growing BayMedica’s commercial activities, we continue to focus on the research and development of cann-a-binoid analogs and new chemical entities for pharmaceutical purposes.
IntegraSyn™: Maximizing Production Yield
We continue to make significant strides with our IntegraSyn™ program and hit several milestones throughout 2021. In June, we announced that IntegraSyn™ was capable of producing an industry-leading yield of 5 g/L. This significantly reduces the cost of the manufacturing process, which will enable more efficient large-scale production.
Our goal is to optimize this platform for large-scale, pharmaceutical-grade Good Manufacturing Practice (“GMP”) production of rare cann-a-binoids, with the potential to integrate with BayMedica’s biosynthesis or chemical synthesis manufacturing approaches. With these diverse technologies, we have a breadth of synthetic cann-a-binoid manufacturing capabilities to deliver high-quality, cost-effective rare cann-a-binoids for any segment of the market from consumer packaged goods to prescription pharmaceuticals.
Advancing Our Pharmaceutical Programs
Our pharmaceutical drug development programs are integral to our business. The FDA approval pathway takes significant time and investment but, if successful, the outcome can be very rewarding - not only for the lives of those whom we may impact, but also for the potential value creation for our shareholders.
The library of novel cann-a-binoid analogs developed by BayMedica gives our pharmaceutical program added strength. We are one of only a few companies to advance a rare cann-a-binoid into clinical trials. Access to BayMedica’s library of proprietary rare cann-a-binoids, coupled with our cann-a-binoid clinical experience, positions us to lead the industry in the clinical development of rare cann-a-binoids.
INM-755 Program for the Treatment of Epidermolysis Bullosa (“EB”): Phase 2 Trial Initiated
We’ve made great strides with our INM-755 program over the past year. Our top-line results from our second Phase 1 clinical study, indicating that INM-755 was safe and well-tolerated on induced open epidermal wounds, causing no serious adverse effects, set the groundwork to move forward to a Phase 2 efficacy trial, which we initiated in September of 2021. This marks the first time cann-a-binol (CBN) has advanced into a Phase 2 clinical trial to be studied as a therapeutic option to treat a disease, a key milestone as we continued to explore the therapeutic benefits of this class of compounds. The Phase 2 study will be enrolling and treating EB patients at thirteen targeted sites across multiple countries throughout 2022.
INM-088 Program for the Treatment of Glaucoma: Potential Blockbuster
Throughout 2021, we continued to advance INM-088 towards human clinical trials for glaucoma. Our team conducted important preclinical studies that validated the use of cann-a-binol (CBN) for glaucoma. Our studies show that CBN has the potential to be an effective neuroprotective agent for the retina ganglion cells and to reduce intraocular pressure in preclinical glaucoma models. InMed’s preclinical studies were recently published in a leading international journal. In this peer-reviewed scientific article, entitled “Cann-a-binol Modulates Neuroprotection and Intraocular Pressure: A Potential Multi-Target Therapeutic Intervention for Glaucoma”, the study results demonstrated that CBN has strong potential as a glaucoma treatment and was more effective than CB-D and TH-C in these studies. This peer-reviewed research is a significant milestone for our glaucoma program, providing important external validation and highlighting the importance of finding a new treatment for this damaging eye disease that affects approximately 80 million people worldwide.
In addition, we have completed several dose-ranging studies and conducted topline clinical study design work with a leading clinical research organization. Key next steps for this program include seeking regulatory authority input into our proposed preclinical data package and preliminary clinical trial designs.
Read the full shareholder update here.
No. 4 INM Potential Catalyst - Company Launches B2B Sales Of CBT
InMed Launches Canna-b-icitran (CBT), Expanding its Rare Cann-a-binoid Portfolio for the Health and Wellness Sector
- CBT is the first of several rare cann-a-binoid launches planned for the first half of 2022; includes CB=DV and TH=CV
- Expands the Company’s rare cann-a-binoid product portfolio, which also includes cann-a-bichromene (CBC)
- Strengthens leadership position in commercial scale production of high demand rare cann-a-binoids
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Jan. 19, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- InMed Pharmaceuticals Inc. (“InMed” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: INM), a leader in the research, development, manufacturing and commercialization of rare cann-a-binoids, is pleased to announce it has launched B2B sales of the rare cann-a-binoid cann-a-bicitran (CBT) into the health and wellness sector. CBT is the first of several new product launches planned for the first half of 2022.
InMed’s subsidiary, BayMedica, has received initial purchase orders and has commenced commercial sales of the ultra-rare cann-a-binoid CBT. CBT is the second rare cann-a-binoid to be launched by BayMedica, which also sells CBC wholesale as a raw ingredient to the health and wellness sector. Additionally, commercial scale production of cann-a-bidivarin (CB-DV) is underway, with tetra-hydrocanna-bivarin (TH-CV) production scheduled to follow shortly thereafter. The Company expects to produce over 100kg of CB-DV and TH-CV in the coming months to meet anticipated initial demand.
“We are delivering on our objective to launch additional rare cann-a-binoids in early 2022 in response to inbound demand. By midyear, we expect to have at least four rare cann-a-binoids available for the health and wellness markets, positioning us as a leading large scale supplier of high quality rare cann-a-binoids in these sectors,” stated Shane Johnson, SVP and General Manager of BayMedica. “The launch of CBT further demonstrates our ability to produce rare cann-a-binoids at commercial scale, an achievement that very few companies have been able to accomplish. We are pleased with initial demand and we expect to grow sales over the coming quarters as we continue to expand our product portfolio of rare cann-a-binoids.”
Read the full article here.
Nasdaq Profile Recap - Top 4 INM Potential Catalysts
No. 1 - Research Firm Edison Group Provides Huge $20+ Price Target
No. 2 - Another Low Float Profile
No. 3 - Important Shareholder Update Highlighting Key Accomplishments
No. 4 - Company Launches B2B Sales Of CBT
Coverage is officially initiated on INM. When you have time later, do this: