With a +25X cost advantage over its North American counterparts, don’t you think it might be a good time to start paying close attention to Flora Growth Corp. (NASDAQ: FLGC)?
FLGC: More Than A Cann-a-bis Cultivator
While cann-a-bis legalization continues globally, Flora Growth is creating initial demand for its cann-a-bis products through internal brands that capitalize on consumer and competitive industry trends.
Flora expects to be well-positioned with robust infrastructure, reliable supply-chains, and global distribution as the cann-a-bis market is expected to expand rapidly over the next decade.
- Cosechemos: Contracted cultivation facility with 247 acres in Bucaramanga, Colombia; has achieved production costs of US$0.06 per gram.
- Flora Lab: modern manufacturing facility with GMP certifications to supply Flora's medical and consumer brands.
- Flora Beauty: Internally developed portfolio of beauty & skincare products. Founded by former Miss Universe and global beauty influencer Paulina Vega.
- Kasa Wholefood: Portfolio of natural food & beverage products, responsibly sourced from exotic Amazonian fruits.
- He-mp Textiles & Co: Sells textiles made from he-mp to businesses and consumers, starting with inaugural brand Stardog Loungewear.
Flora Growth Corp. Expands Into U.K. And Central American Markets
The company recently made a MAJOR announcement in regards to expansion into new markets. Check it out:
Flora Growth Expands into U.K. and Central American Markets with Sales to New International Distribution Partners
Flora Growth’s Mambe, Mind Naturals, and Almost Virgin Brands Fulfill Initial Orders in New Markets; Company Reaches Significant Milestones as It Continues to Execute On Its International Growth Strategy
TORONTO, May 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Flora Growth Corp. (NASDAQ: FLGC) (“Flora” or the “Company”), an all-outdoor cultivator and manufacturer of cann-a-bis-derived products and brands, today announced it has expanded into the United Kingdom (the “UK”) and Costa Rica, fulfilling initial orders from two new distributors. Specifically, Flora’s Kasa Wholefoods division (“Kasa”) has fulfilled an initial shipment of Mambe juices to a distributor for the Central American food and beverage market, while an initial shipment of Almost Virgin, Mind Naturals and Mambe products was fulfilled to the UK.
Flora is pleased to announce that it has completed an initial shipment of products from its Mind Naturals, Almost Virgin, and Mambe brands to the UK. This order is a significant milestone for Flora, as it represents the Company’s first shipment of CB-containing products into Europe. Going forward, Flora intends to expand on its relationship in the UK to bring its entire product portfolio into the UK market and into adjacent markets throughout the European Union.
Central American Expansion
In April 2021, Kasa signed a distribution agreement with GMD Latinoamérica, a Costa Rica-based distributor for the Central American food and beverage market. Exports will begin in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica. Kasa is also in the process of registering additional product lines of its portfolio for the Central American and Caribbean markets.
“Flora Growth’s expansion into the UK and Central America aligns perfectly with our strategy of aggressive expansion into new markets, as we continue to establish our premium brands’ international presence,” said Flora CEO Luis Merchan. “We look forward to working with our new distribution partners in both Europe and Central America and hope to expand even further into both continents in the coming months.”
Read the full article here.
On top of that huge news, the company also dropped several recent press releases that could start drawing major attention to the company:
#1. (5/20/21) - Flora Growth to Ring NASDAQ Closing Bell
#2. (5/19/21) - Flora Growth Forms Flora Lab Manufacturing Division Around Recently Acquired GMP-Certified Laboratory
#3. (5/17/21) - Flora Growth’s Commercial Cultivation Progress Enables 2021 TH-C and CB Export to International Markets
Could all of this good news become immediate term catalysts to provide Flora Growth Corp. (NASDAQ: FLGC) with a spark towards a vertical surge up the charts?
Flora Growth Corp. (NASDAQ: FLGC) Has An Exceptional Leadership Team
Luis Merchan, President & CEO
Luis Merchan is a proven executive with over a decade of experience in enterprise sales management, corporate strategy, merchandising and expense management, and customer experience. He previously served as Macy’s Inc.’s Vice President of Workforce Strategy and Operations where he managed the enterprise's multi-Bn-dollar P&L expense line for the 540 store portfolio. Throughout his tenure at Macy’s, Mr. Merchan led various sales and marketing initiatives including the B2B corporate sales team that was responsible for $160Mn in annual revenue. Prior to his most recent role, Mr. Merchan held various executive-level roles at Macy’s Inc., including VP of Customer Experience and Selling Support Services and Group VP of National Merchandising and Sales - Beauty, as well as managerial roles at Target Corporation. Mr. Merchan obtained his Bachelor of Industrial Engineering from Pontifical Xaverian University in Bogota, Colombia and his MBA from McNeese State University. He also holds a Graduate Certificate in Marketing Management from Harvard.
Bernie Wilson, Chairman
Dr. Wilson is a senior financial professional. He is the former Vice-Chairman of Price-WaterhouseCoopers LLP and is the Chairman of the Founders Board of the Institute of Corporate Directors. Mr. Wilson has served as Chairman of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce; Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce - Canada; and Member of the Canada/US Trade Committee. Drawing on his experience as Chairman of the Founders Board of Institute of Corporate Directors, as Lead Director, Mr. Wilson will work with the Board of Directors of Flora and its various standing committees to ensure effective corporate governance practices and to enhance and protect the independence of the board.
Juan Manuel Galan, Strategic Advisor
Juan Galán currently serves as a senior consultant to The World Bank. He is a Colombian politician and former senator of Colombia, serving three terms from 2006 to 2018 as a member of the Colombian Liberal Party. He is also a former professor at the University of Rosario and holds more than 20 years of journalistic, academic, governmental and parliamentary experience. During his time as a senator, Mr. Galán has been a key leader, with 29 bills and 27 debates on political control, and 17 laws to his name. The most relevant of those laws was authoring the medical cann-a-bis law that resulted in the legalization of medical cann-a-bis in Colombia.
Stan Bharti, Director
Executive Chairman of Forbes & Manhattan. Stan Bharti has more than 30 years of professional experience in business, finance, markets, operations, and more. His focus has been on the resource and technology sectors. He has amassed over $3Bn worth of investment capital for the companies that he has worked with, and for their shareholders. He is a Professional Mining Engineer and holds a Masters Degree in Engineering from Moscow, Russia and University of London, England. Mr. Bharti is a director of several public and private companies.
Javier Franco, VP Agriculture
Javier Franco is a master horticulturist with more than 25 years of experience in the design, implementation and management of cultivation and propagation facilities of more than 30 species of cut flowers in Latin America, mainly in Colombia and Ecuador. Mr. Franco completed his agricultural studies at Zamorano University in Honduras and later at an International Exchange Program at Ohio State University. Mr. Franco has directed technical, commercial and research groups in the cut flower, fruit and vegetable markets in Latin America and has participated in the commercial development of new technologies applied in agribusiness. He has also led the agri-management of organic crops and certifications of Good Agricultural Practices.
The Top 10 Reasons To Get Flora Growth Corp. (NASDAQ: FLGC) On Your Radar Now
- The company recently listed on the NASDAQ which will provide it with a broader audience and more visibility.(2)
- With cann-a-bis' potential upside, Flora Growth Corp. (NASDAQ: FLGC) stock could be surprisingly undervalued.
- With possible cann-a-bis legalization on the horizon in the United States, a potential $40Bn TAM cann-a-bis supply/demand gap could be created.(1)
- Colombia is poised to become a global low-cost leader in cann-a-bis production(1). Flora Growth’s core division is Cosechemos, a cann-a-bis cultivation and extraction facility located in Bucaramanga, Colombia.
- Cosechemos' 10.8 million square feet (247 acres) of licensed cultivation area can make Flora Growth a substantial cultivator in the cann-a-bis industry.(1)
- Cosechemos holds rights to an additional 5,268 acres licensed in Puerto Boyaca, Santander, to increase the scale of its cultivation as required.(1)
- Flora recently announced it has expanded into the United Kingdom (the “UK”) and Costa Rica, fulfilling initial orders from two new distributors.(3)
- Flora’s premium portfolio includes 5 divisions, with 280+ products, and over 70+ medical/cosmetic/other licenses.(1)
- The company has a healthy balance sheet including minimal debt and recently completed a $30Mn USD Pre-IPO Equity Financing.(1)
- Flora has an accomplished management team; combined, they have raised over $3Bn in public financings and listed in excess of 50 public companies.(1)
Drop what you’re doing this second and pull up Flora Growth Corp. (NASDAQ: FLGC) before it’s too late. Also, when you have a second, do this: